International Exotic Species Doors
Clean lines and natural wood tones from around the world help to achieve the look of contemporary, high-end European cabinetry. Choose from familiar wood grains or step out of the ordinary with a more exotic look and create that unique contemporary kitchen design.
This famous maker's International Specie Collection includes nine unique veneers on modern door designs. Choose from domestic woods including plain sliced Cherry and Maple, or Rift Cut White Oak and Birdseye Maple. For a more dramatic effect, try the unique looks of Figured Anigre, Bamboo, Wenge, Zebrawood and Macassar Ebony.
Each veneer is available in either vertical or horizontal grain directions and can be further enhanced with the sequential grain matching option.
Whatever your preference, the International Specie Collection provides the look you'll need for your next contemporary kitchen project.
Standard lead time is 9-10 work days unfinished and an additional 6-7 days for finishing.
Astoria & Savoy Door Specifications:
- ¾" thick veneered MDF panel.
- Bamboo uses Grade A vertical/caramelized veneers on face and back
- Cherry uses Grade A book matched veneers on face with Grade 1 veneers on back
- Hard Maple uses Grade A book matched veneers on face with Grade 2 veneers on back
- Rift Cut White Oak uses Grade A rift cut book matched veneers on face with Grade 1 rift cut veneers on back.
Savoy Only Specifications for International Species:
- Anigre uses Grade A book matched veneers on face with Grade 1 veneers on back
- Birdseye Maple uses Grade A rotary cut veneers on face with Grade 1 rotary cut natural maple on back.
- Macassar Ebony, Wenge and Zebrawood use quartered/reconstituted Grade A veneers on face with Grade A quartered/reconsituted veneers on back
Hinge Boring Options
If you intend to use a concealed European style hinge, here are your boring options. We normally recommend a compact style hinge if you have "Face Frame" style cabinets. If you have any questions, just give us a call.
- Doors 9" to 42" receive two bores
- Doors 42-1/16" to 72" receive three bores
- Doors 72-1/16" and longer receive four bores with center holes set 25" in from each end.
- Bore hole is 35mm diameter, 13.5mm deep and the insert holes are 8mm diameter and 11.9mm deep
- Custom boring is available at additional cost per door (contact customer service)
Product Warranty Information
Allowable tolerances for bow, warp or twist for single panel, multi-panel, frame only and mullion doors are as follows:
- Single panel up to 26" wide and 48" tall - 1/8"
- Multi-panel up to 26" wide and 48-1/16" to 64-15/16" tall = 1/4"
- Multi-panel up to 26" wide and 65" to 83-15/16" tall = 5/16"
- Single panel, single opening frame only and mullion doors over 26" wide and 48" tall will not be warranted (mullion lites not to be included in opening count)
- Any door exceeding 25-15/16" wide or 83-15/16" high will not be warranted.
Allowable tolerances for contraction, expansion and warpage for one and three piece products are:
- Up to 12" wide and 21-15/16" high - 1/8"
- 12-1/16" to 22" wide or 22" to 43-15/16" high - 1/4"
- Any one piece product exceeding 22" wide or 43-15/16" high will not be warranted
- All three piece products over 30" wide and 14" high are not warranted
When ordering unfinished, doors should be properly prepared prior to applying any finishing products. Be sure to read and understand the instructions provided by your finish manufacturer. You may need to perform additional sanding to prepare your products for finishing.
Cabinet doors are your way to reflect your personal vision on the look and feel of your kitchen. By selecting new cabinet doors for new construction or replacement cabinet doors for remodeling, you will find that your kitchen becomes your personal space in a whole new way. Your custom cabinet doors are available in a great selection of wood species which you will finish with your chosen stain, paint or finish.
If you need sample kitchen doors to try in your home, you may want to buy a full size door which can be used in your project, or you may order any size you prefer.
Special Handling Charges for Oversize Doors
Shipping companies do charge extra for "oversize" pagages or packages that exceed certain lengths or other measurements.
If your product is going to incur additional charges, we will get a shipping quote prior to finalizing your order. The shipping shown on your order may or may not include these "oversize" charges. We will notify you prior to placing your order in production.
FedEx Oversize Packages
Packages that weigh 150 pounds or less and exceed 108 inches in length or 130 inches in girth (2 x width) + (2 x height) are considered “oversize” packages. Oversize packagesare rated based on the greater of the package's actual rounded weight or dimensional weight. In addition, an oversize package surcharge applies.
UPS Oversize Packages
A Large Package Surcharge will be applied to each UPS package when its length plus girth [(2 x width) + (2 x height)] combined exceeds 130 inches, but does not exceed the maximum UPS size of 165 inches. Large Packages are subject to a minimum billable weight of 90 pounds in addition to the Large Package Surcharge.
If you have any specific questions, let us know or refer directly to the carrier websites for more information.