Custom Painted Floating Shelves
Sleek and versatile, floating shelves are a modern design element gaining popularity, well beyond the kitchen. Use them for clean-lined storage in the kitchen or bath or to display treasured family pictures and accessories in all areas of the home. Our floating shelf system features a strong and sturdy mounting bracket that when installed, is concealed by an attractive outer casing that simply slides over the bracket. A couple of pin nails or brads and your shelf is sure to stay where it's installed.
Offered in Cherry, Hard Maple, Paint Grade Hard Maple and Red Oak, floating shelves are available unfinished, or finished in our complete array of wiping stains, Truetone, Colourtones and Prism Paints. Measuring 2-1/2" thick, 10" deep and in lengths from 30" to 60", these functional shelves are an attractive way to add a modern flair to any home's interior decor.
Each floating shelf consists of an inner support frame and an outer shelf that slides into place over the support frame, the two elements are not sold individually.
- Manufactured using 3/4" thick unselected hardwoods.
- Available in five widths between 30" and 60", it is imperative that Floating Shelves be
mounted to two or more wall studs using four or more course thread screws at least
2-1/2" in length. 60" Floating Shelves should be mounted to three or more studs
- Maximum load capacity for the shelf and support frame is 10lbs per lineal foot, when properly installed with two or more high quality installation screws per stud.
- The front and sides of the shelf are made from 3/4" solid hardwoods, mitered at the
two front corners
- The shelf top and bottom is 3/8" thick plywood, matching the specie of the hardwood.
- Shelf thickness/height is 2-1/2"
- Shelf depth is 10"
- Once the Floating Shelf is fully installed, it is recommended that the shelf be secured
to the support frame using headless pins or small finishing nails so the shelf cannot
inadvertently slide off of the support frame.
Floating shelves are availble unfinished, stained or painted.
Select Your Floating Shelf Length
(30", 36", 42", 48" or 60")
Select Your Colourtones Paint Color
Pictures below are representative of the Colourtone Paints and glaze combinations available.
Consider ordering a sample of your finish color/wood combination.
Select An Optional Glaze Color if Desired
See choices in Step Two above
While floating shelves are built from strong, sturdy materials, the load capacity of these shelves is greatly dependent on the quality of the installation sccrews and whether the shelves are secured into the wall studs. If not secured into two or more studs using high quality installation screws, the shelf may not support the desired weight. We will not be responsible for shelf failure due to inadequate installation techniques or materials.Special Note:
Normal lead time applies to these shelves.