Frequently Asked Questions
General Policies - (Individual product policies may vary)
- All content of this website and its pages are for your general information and use only. It is subject to change at any time without notice.
- You are aware that there may be inaccuracies or errors and The Cabinet Guy dba QuikDrawers.com (hereafter known as "QuikDrawers") will not be liable for these inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent of the law.
- Your use of this website is at your own risk and QuikDrawers shall not be liable.
- This site may link to other websites that provide information helpful to the user. However, QuikDrawers does not necessarily endorse that site and QuikDrawers has no control over other sites content.
- Use of this website is subject to the laws of The United States
- The entire liablility of QuikDrawers and any of its suppliers shall be limited to the actual amount paid to QuikDrawers. In no event shall QuikDrawers be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential or special damages. These limits shall also extend to any other way you can think to describe damages, other than those just mentioned.
If you use QuikDrawers.com, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept all responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. You must be of legal age to make any purchases on the QuikDrawers.com website. You agree that all information that is entered into the system is true to the best of your knowledge. QuikDrawers.com reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in its sole discretion.
- Customer Service is available Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm (CST) at 866-937-7429 or you may contact us through the contact form at the top of the page on our website
- A confirmation email will be sent to the customer after the order is received and credit card authorization is approved.
- All online orders for custom products are final. It's the customer responsibility to verify the confirmation email and make certain that everything is correct, even if assisted by a member of our staff. Please be careful and verify sizing prior to approving your order.
- All online orders for cabinet doors, drawer fronts,drawer boxes, cabinets, cabinet trim and other cabinet parts, other than hardware, are custom orders and we DO NOT accept order cancellations or returns.
- All orders will be shipped within normal timeframes and orders cannot be held.
- Due to the rapid pace of the cabinet industry, styles,colors and designs are constantly changing. Some vendors may discontinue a product and we are not aware, forcing us to refund rather than fill an order. We will always do whatever we can to fill your order in a timely fashion..
Do you sell only to homeowners, or do you also sell to other businesses?
Many of our customers are commercial customers like designers and contractors. We offer our products to both commercial customers and do-it-yourselfers. Please contact us if you have questions.
What is the lead time on shipping my order?
Orders received by 2pm (Central Time) will normally be processed that business day. Orders received after 2pm (Central time) will be processed as soon as possible and prior to 2pm the next business day. Please keep in mind that the lead times below may be affected by workload, weather or other conditions and these timeframes are not guarantees.
Guide to normal shipping lead times:
- In-stock hardware items - Same day or within 1 business day
- Drawer boxes - 8-10 work days
- Unfinished cabinet doors, cabinet mouldings & cabinet trim - 10 work days
- Finished cabinet doors, cabinet mouldings & cabinet trim - 15 work days
- Custom products and material availability may impact lead time
What do I do to change an order I have already placed?
Orders that have already been processed into our production system may still be available for some changes (at additional charges) and some orders may not. Our fabricator partners begin work immediately on your order and a request for changes or cancellations will result in charges for costs incurred.
Change and cancellation charges can be up to 50% of the product prices. Custom items cannot be cancelled.
Do you offer in-house credit?
No, all orders are pre-paid.
How do you ship the cabinet drawers and doors?
In most cases, Fedex has proven to be not only the quickest carrier but also the most economical. We constantly shop the carriers to provide you not only the least expensive carrier, but also the most reliable. Our associated vendors will select shippers who have a reputation for careful handling and on time completion. The shipping method will be based on "best way" considering type of product, amount of product and shipper capabilities for safe, on-time deliveries.
When freight orders are delivered to residential addresses, special equipment or services may be required. These special equipment needs and services will be determined by the shipping carrier and all additional charges are the responsibility of the customer. This equipment may be a loading platform on the truck or even the use of a special residential truck. Failure on the customer's part to complete a delivery or cause a re-delivery will result in additional charges which will be due to the carrier and must be paid by the customer prior to, at the time of delivery or as determined by the carrier. No special services are ever included with any "SHIPPING" promotion.
I live in the country, will you deliver to rural addresses?
If your address is accessible by the freight or delivery company's normal equipment/trucks/vehicles, then yes. It will be at the discretion of the delivery company to determine whether or not your address can be delivered with their normal equipment/truck/vehicle. If your address is not accessible by the delivery company, you may be presented an option to pick up your product at the company's terminal or to meet at another site where the product can be received by the consignee. You may have an option to arrange for re-delivery to another address which will incur additional charges which you will have to pay.
We will not be held liable for non-delivery if your address cannot be accessed by the delivery company's normal equipment/trucks/vehicles. No credit will be given for non-delivered goods.
If you live in an area that may fall into this "difficult" delivery scenario, it is your responsibility to tell us so, prior to the production of your goods so that proper arrangements may be made.
Freight Shipments - Delivery Protocols
If a loading dock is not available at your delivery site, you will receive “inside delivery” on most freight shipments. However, it’s important to know what this service does and does not entail.
When freight is delivered to a residential address, inside delivery indicates moving the pallet to the driveway, porch or garage. Drivers will not take freight inside a home. Most carriers have policies prohibiting drivers from even attempting in-home pick-up or delivery. This policy is to avoid complaints that the driver tracked in mud, damaged walls or doors and the like. Additionally, there are potential liability issues if an accident or injury occurred inside. Therefore, it’s in every party’s best interest that the freight simply is delivered to a convenient outdoor location. Planning for this is imperative when your freight is delivered to a residence.
If delivering to a business, inside delivery generally means inside the door of the business. Typically, the carrier will bring the freight a few feet inside the main entrance. If the freight needs to be delivered to the interior of the building, up any steps or up an elevator, the delivery charge will increase.
Also, most drivers will not breakdown freight to move it through doors. If your freight is larger than the entryway, a driver will not bring it inside. Drivers will also not perform “extraordinary” functions, including delivering up long or winding drives, or attempting to deliver in any area that is unsafe for their normal equipment such as a narrow hallway or steep stairs.
Understanding what inside delivery means can help you make sound decisions when planning your freight.
Where do you ship to?
We ship primarily to customers in the USA. This is due to the cost and requirements governing international shipments. Some of our products can be shipped to Canada if the product shipment originates at our main warehouse location. Many of our products are shipped by third party vendors and they may or may not ship internationally. Be sure to contact us about the product you would like shipped and we will be glad to let you know if we can ship outside the US and the costs involved.
How do I report shortages or damage in transit. What do I do now?
When purchasing from The Cabinet Guy and QuikDrawers.com, you, the customer, are contracting with our selected shipping carriers, (e.g. FedEx Ground, UPS or others). The Cabinet Guy and QuikDrawers is not responsible for damage incurred by the shipping company. We will, however, work with you to provide the quickest fix and turnaround on your damaged products.
Customers are required to file a claim for missing and/or damaged items through the carrier who completed the delivery.
Before you initiate your claim with the carrier, please email The Cabinet Guy and QuikDrawers with the following:
- Description of damage
- Digital images of the damaged product(s)
- Digital images of the shipping carton, contents that show any damage to carton
- If your US Mail shipment has not arrived within 10 postal delivery days, then please contact us for options.
- If your Fedex, UPS or common carrier shipment is not located or delivered within 24 to 48 hours of the estimated delivery time, please contact us and we will initiate tracking/tracing for your order. You must allow no less than 3 business days to determine the status of your shipment. Once a determination has been made regarding your shipment, please allow appropriate travel, shipping or replacement time for delivery.
- If your shipment cannot be located we will be glad to discuss options with you concerning replacement or refund.
Once we receive the above information, we will contact you with information on how to proceed with your claim.
Please notify us within 24 hours of the receipt of your shipment. Keep all packing that came with your order and if possible take digital pictures of the packaging and the damaged product. Next, wait for us to contact the carrier on your behalf. Sometimes the carrier will need to pick up the product for inspection. Other times, you may be asked to dispose of the contents. Either way, we will help in any way we can to replace your damaged goods. Please keep in mind that once the product is shipped, it is your responsibility to resolve the damage goods claim. Failure to provide the supporting photos or packaging or product may slow down or even prevent the replacement of your products.
At no time will The Cabinet Guy and QuikDrawers be held responsible for job or project delays caused by process errors, shipping errors or any other circumstances outside of our direct control. Under no circumstances will The Cabinet Guy and QuikDrawers be liable for charges beyond the original cost of products and/or shipping.
The Cabinet Guy and QuikDrawers will not be responsible for any charges incidental to product replacement, such as travel time, mileage, labor or additional costs to complete an installation or job.
I received my shipment of doors/drawers. What do I do now?
Your doors and/or drawers may have been bundled tigtly during shipping to prevent damage. When you receive them, unpackage them, check for damage and then let them sit and acclimate for a day or two before finishing. During this time, there may be some slight movement in the door, this is not unusual. This will allow the moisture content to change and meet its new environment. This applies to doors in particular as many drawers are prefinished and ready to go. Just unwrap them and make sure they are flat and true.
How long will it take for me to get my doors or drawers?
Our production schedules are set by our commitment to ship as quickly as possible and our workload. Our shipping schedules will vary but we strive to have all products shipped within 7 to 10 working days. Please allow for these time frames when planning your project. After shipping, most orders are received in 3-5 days, depending on destination.
Can I just stop by and place or pick up my order?
No, we operate a sales office only. The manufacturing facilities do not have a pick-up option.
Do you offer installation services?
No, we do not.
Why does some of the wood have knots or dark spots?
Natural woods will not be consistent in their appearance by the very nature of being "natural". Heartwood and sapwood will vary in color and contrast and all wood may contain some natural defects, such as knots. We make all efforts to minimize the impact of these variations, but it is not possible to avoid them all. You always have the option to inquire about and pay for "clear" or "superior" grade materials which will all but eliminate defects and variations. If you are interested in clear/superior, contact Sales and we will answer your questions.
What is the process for returning non-custom products?
Of course we want all of our customers to be completely satisfied with their purchases. In the event that you wish to return product, call QuikDrawer's Customer Service department for a Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA). Products returned without prior approval will not be processed, credited or returned. Returns are processed based on the guidelines below. A Returned Merchandise Authorization and packing slip must accompany all returned product. Shipping and receiving personnel are not authorized to approve any products for return. Please keep in mind that replacement or refund determinations will be made at our discretion for all eligible return products, regardless of the nature or the defect or reason.
QuikDrawers and it's vendors will process all returns in a prompt and fair manner.
Exclusions (no return available):
- Finishing products such as stains, paints and clear finishes, whether custom blends or standard colors
- Custom built products such as drawer boxes, cabinet doors or any other product built or finished to customer specifications.
- Items purchased more than 60 days past and presently classified as obsolete, close-out or discontinued, regardless of their classification at the time of purchase.
- Product that is damaged, uncleanable or otherwise unsellable will not be accepted.
- Product returns without prior approval by QuikDrawers.
Items returned for customer convenience (RMA required)
- Currently stocked product
- Subject to a re-stock charge of the greater of $5.00 or 15% of value of product returned
- Additional restocking charges apply as follows:
- Copy of the original invoice/packing slip not supplied
- Product cleaning required
- Repackaging, sorting or labeling required
- Return freight must be paid by customer
- Incorrect or defective hardware may be replaced or refunded at our discretion. Failure to abide by our determination will incur additional shipping and/or re-stock fees.
- Please allow 3 weeks for QuikDrawers to process the return and issue credit
- Special Ordered or Direct Shipped product (RMA required)
- QuikDrawers will accept product only if arrangements can be made with the manufacturer for return.
- Restocking charges and terms listed for stock products apply
We will accept returns only within 60 days of purchase, without exception, for stock items. Eligible return product must be received by The Cabinet Guy/QuikDrawers.com or it's vendors in original packaging (where practical) and in new, uninstalled condition.
You must obtain a return authorization prior to shipping your products. We do not process or credit returns without prior authorization. Call for your return authorization code (RMA) and to answer any questions. There will be a $5.00 or 15% restock fee (whichever is greater) for most items and it is your responsibility to pay for all return shipping/handling charges.
There is no return or credit issued for custom products of any kind.
Can I return defective drawers and doors?
Absolutely. If we make an error in the production of your doors or drawers, we do not expect you to keep them (see return procedure above). However, if made properly, we cannot accept returns on custom built products. Remember, measure twice and ask plenty of questions ahead of time. We reserve the right to either replace or refund any product.
All custom built products are constructed from measurements supplied by our customers. Please verify all measurements prior to purchase and/or upon receipt of your order confirmation. Once your product enters our production queue, it is not possible to stop or change any dimensions. Due to custom nature of our work, there can be no credit issued for incorrectly sized products.
Unless otherwise specified, the square, twist or warp tolerances are 3/16" for custom drawers, pullout trays and other custom box type products. Door tolerances will vary by size and are detailed on the product pages.
I don't want to use PayPal, how else can I pay?
We also accept payments by cash (if picking up), check, money order or credit card. Please consider that custom goods will not be cut or built until payment is received and/or verified. This could delay your shipment.
Do you offer Gift Certificates?
At this time we do not.