Blum 110° Soft-Closing Hinges For Larger Overlays
These Blum 110 degree hinges are the cabinetmaker's choice for larger overlays (22mm maximum) and has three-dimensional adjustment for doors up to 1" thick. See charts below for selections
- Choose Hinge and Mounting plate to attain correct overlay or inset as follows:
- 1/4" Overlay - Hinge B073T3550 or B073T3580 (press-in)‚ Mounting Plate B175H710, bore at 3mm
- 1/2" Overlay - Hinge B073T3550 or B073T3580 (press-in)‚ Mounting Plate B175H713, bore at 3mm
- 3/4" Overlay - Hinge B073T3550 or B073T3580 (press-in)‚ Mounting Plate B175H710, bore at 6mm
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Screws Included with screw-on hinges
- 8mm dowels attached for press-in hinges
- Mounting Plates for Hinges must be ordered separately
- 13mm cup depth
- new insertion ram for press in hinges BMZM.0040
- Can use on thicker doors up to 1"
|Face Frame Cabinet Use||Frameless Cabinet Use|
Selection Chart for Large Overlay Blum Hinges
|Plate (H)||Overlay (mm)|
|Bore Distance (B)|
Do I need Press-on or Screw-on hinges?
Standard hinge installation screws work well in solid wood stock and plywood, but screws lose strength in medium density fiberboard (MDF) or particleboard. If your cabinet doors or cases are made from these materials, you may want to choose hinges that include barbed plastic inserts that fit in predrilled holes. Tightening the installation screw pushes each dowel against the wall of the hole for a firm grip.
|Back side of press-on hinge - note the dowels||Back side of screw-on hinge - no dowels|
|Cabinet door prepared for press-on hinges||Cabinet door prepared for screw-on hinges|
|Note: The press-on type hinge was developed for the manufacturers as a way to automatically align hinges and place them on the cabinet door in the proper location by just "pressing" them into the holes. The dowels in that case are already mounted. If you are replacing this type of hinge, you can get either type of hinge and either use the new dowels (which are already attached to the hinge) or you can use the screw-on and just use the screws already in your doweled door.|
Minimum purchase 2
Mounting plates are sold separately