Blum 110 Degree Soft-Close Hinge w/Blumotion
Item # 27473
Please Choose Or Scroll Down For More Info:
Starting at: $2.85 / Each
Blum 110 Degree Soft-Close Clip On Hinge
- Can be used with new Blumotion hinges
- New geometry for door thicknesses up to 1"
- Deactivation switch for small or lightweight doors
- New Inserta design
- For door overlays up to 22mm
- Cup boring depth of 13mm
- New insertion ram needed BMZM.0040 for press-in
- Do not use rubber mallet to insert press-in hinges
- Compatible with existing Clip mounting plates and hinge arm cover caps
- 1/4" overlay - Hinge B071B3650 and Mounting Plate B175H6000
- 1/2" overlay - Hinge B071B3550 and Mounting Plate B175H6030
- Full overlay - Hinge B071B3550 and Mounting Plate B175H6000
- Inset doors - Hinge B071B3650 and Mounting Plate B175H5030.21
- 1/4" overlay - Hinge B071B3650 and Mounting Plate B175H710
- 1/2" overlay - Hinge B071B3550 and Mounting Plate B175H713
- Full overlay - Hinge B071B3550 and Mounting Plate B175H710
- Inset doors - Hinge B071B3750 and Mounting Plate B175H719
- Color: Nickel
- Opening Degree: 110 deg
- Hinge Cup Size: 35 mm
Do I need Press-on or Screw-on hinges?
Standard hinge installation screws work well in solid wood stock and plywood, but screws lose strength in medium density fiberboard (MDF) or particleboard. If your cabinet doors or cases are made from these materials, you may want to choose hinges that include barbed plastic inserts that fit in predrilled holes. Tightening the installation screw pushes each dowel against the wall of the hole for a firm grip.
|Back side of press-on hinge - note the dowels
|Back side of screw-on hinge - no dowels
|Cabinet door prepared for press-on hinges
|Cabinet door prepared for screw-on hinges
|Note: The press-on type hinge was developed for the manufacturers as a way to automatically align hinges and place them on the cabinet door in the proper location by just "pressing" them into the holes. The dowels in that case are already mounted. If you are replacing this type of hinge, you can get either type of hinge and either use the new dowels (which are already attached to the hinge) or you can use the screw-on and just use the screws already in your doweled door.
Minimum order 2